We kicked off Tot School with our Apple Theme! The kiddos had so much fun with all of our different apple activities and did a great job learning the routines.
Books We Read
- Under the Apple Tree by Steve Metzger
- Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington
- Ten Apple Up on Top! by Dr. Seuss
- Apple Countdown by Joan Holub
- Let’s Go Apple Picking! by Patricia Lakin
Favorite Activities from the Week
- Bobbing for Apples- In the large tub put some plastic apples (we used the ones from our Learning Resources Attribute Apples) and water. Have students use Handy Scoopers to collect the apples.
- Apple Sorts- They each took turns with a different sorting game. To make it a little more interesting I added the cards to our Apple Picking Sensory Bin so that they had to search for them before sorting them on the mats.
- Apple Pie Sensory Bin- simple and fun! oats, pom poms, measuring spoons, mini pie tins, felt pie crust, and sticks for cinnamon. DONE!